<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://greenandaquamarine.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Green+Aquamarine: Rainbow Vegatable Stir Fry

Sunday 2 February 2014

Rainbow Vegatable Stir Fry

Today I was cooking for one, so I decided to make myself a stir fry because yesterday we finally got a wok! I've spent the last two or three years juggling a couple of frying pans whilst trying to cook up a bit of Asian cuisine, so I'm really pleased by this purchase.

I prefer my stir fry's to be quite light, so I skip the sticky, pre-made sauces in favour of my own. Today, I flavoured my meal with the simple addition of soy sauce and apple cider vinegar. Cider vinegar has been having a bit of a moment in health foods thanks to it's pH-balancing properties, which are said to boost immunity and energy levels. I love this apple cider vinegar from Raw Health, which is unpasteurised, organic and vegan.
For added heat, I used a mix of Thai green paste and chilli powder.
Rainbow Vegetable Stir Fry (serves 2)
  • 2 tsp coconut oil
  • 1-2 tsp chilli powder or paste
  •  1 medium onion
  • 2 celery sticks
  • 1 carrot
  • 1 pepper
  • A handful of cavolo nero or kale 
  • 1 free range egg, beaten
  • Mixed seeds, such as pumpkin
  • Rice or noodles, cooked per instructions
Heat the coconut oil in a wok or deep frying pan over a high heat. Add the chilli to release the heat. Next the onions followed by the celery, and then the peppers, carrots and cavolo nero. This should take 5-10 minutes. Lastly, pour in the beaten egg and seeds, stirring quickly for added protein.



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home