<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://greenandaquamarine.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Green+Aquamarine: The #100DaysofYoga Challenge

Friday 23 October 2015

The #100DaysofYoga Challenge


Everyone likes a good challenge every now and again, right? A few times over the last year or so, I have shared stories of fitness, yoga and food challenges that I have undertaken. So far, they have all had one thing in common: someone else has set them. This time, I wanted to do something different; something that is personal and specific to me. I have been promising myself that I will do yoga more often for months now. Over summer, without access to my university gym, I definitely practiced more, and often for longer than I had done so previously. But with the return to lectures and evening commitments, I found my practice lacking again. So, when I read an article by a lady who had just celebrated hitting her mat for 1000 days straight, I was instantly inspired. It sat in my head for a a few weeks until I decided to bite the bullet and start my own challenge, albeit on a slightly smaller scale.

100 days of yoga challenge, set by @eleanormay_c. Follow me on instagram to join in the challenge!

I am currently nine days into my challenge with yoga planned for this afternoon (I started on the 15th and just know that I am going to lose count at some point...) and am really enjoying it. I generally aim to do at least half an hour, but when I have a class or a bit of extra time I practice for longer. Other times, I'll find myself maybe just doing a few rounds of sun salutations, or even just sitting in meditation. I have to admit, I'm not very good at it yet so I either count things I'm grateful for using my mala bead necklace, or concentrate on my breath. It's good for the days where I don't stop until after bed time and gives me a few minutes just to pause and be present. Equally, the fact that I am on the mat more has enabled me to  practice the different styles that I love more frequently -vinyasa, ashtanga and yin.

100 days of yoga challenge, set by @eleanormay_c. Follow me on instagram to join in the challenge!

Unlike most yoga challenges, I'm not setting poses for each day. What happens on the mat is up to me, and to you if you decide to take up a similar challenge. This challenge is about practicing self love, is about committing myself to my practice in whatever way is best for me on the day.There are no prizes or sponsorships and so, I hope, that any motivation isn't based on material gains or ego. If you would like to join me, I would really love to see your practice grow, and see if we can get a group of people committing themselves to that little bit of self love each day. Just use the hashtag #100DaysofYoga and if you'd like, tag me @eleanormay_c on Instagram.

100 days of yoga challenge, set by @eleanormay_c. Follow me on instagram to join in the challenge!

I can't wait to see how my practice grows, and how yours does too!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home