<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://greenandaquamarine.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Green+Aquamarine: Homemade Almond Butter

Friday 30 May 2014

Homemade Almond Butter

I have a confession to make... I really, really, hate peanut butter. Just eurg. The thought of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups makes me feel quite ill. It is quite annoying, since it is used as a binding agent for lots of delicious sounding raw bars and snacks. I have always been curious to try alternative nut butters, but have never got around to it. So the other morning, since I am on study leave now, I decided to make my own. And it is so simple!

Ingredients
As much almonds/nuts as you want (140g will fill an average jar)
That's it! But you could also add honey, cinnamon, salt, coconut oil... whatever takes your fancy! I left mine plain so that I could have a bit more flexibility with flavours depending on my mood as I snacked.

Method
Optional: roast the nuts for 12-15 minutes under a grill at 180 degrees/ Gas Mark 4
Simply blizt up the nuts in a food processor. If yours is a bit old, loud or weak, I'd suggest pre-chopping.
Leave the nuts blending, occasionally using a spatula to scrape the sides down.This may take in excess of ten to fifteen minutes, but eventually the dusty, lumpy mess will turn into a thick, creamy paste.

When you've reached the desired consistency, stop and scoop it all out into a jar. Make sure that it is well sealed and kept in the fridge.
Snacks and revision with a view!
 
This is definitely my new favourite study snack -either plain on some homemade sourdough from the market, or with a little honey on wholemeal toast. Add it to to your smoothies, bars or any other snack calling for peanut butter.

Have you ever tried nut butters before?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home