<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://greenandaquamarine.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Green+Aquamarine: Filofax Organisation

Sunday 25 January 2015

Filofax Organisation


Happy Sunday everyone! It has now been a whole month since Christmas, January Blues are slowly fading, exams are over and there is a hint of spring in our minds if not in the air. With everyone getting into the routines of the new year, now seems to be a good time to get organised. For the last three or four years, I have been using a filofax as my diary and planner. It's primary job is educational; but I also find it useful for personal and blogging use. I can work out when to squeeze in a workout between my ever-changing lectures, and can keep on top of my sports clubs and societies. Although my university timetable is easily available to me on all my devices electronically, I still prefer the traditional approach of a paper organiser.


I went a bit made in Paperchase recently to fill my filofax to bursting point. I use a personal sized organiser, which I find is perfect; easily transportable but still with enough room to fill in lots of detail and not have me squinting at a tiny page. There are lots of little pockets in the cover, useful for storing cards, notes and spare passport style photos. I bought a zip pocket to pop in extra organisational tools such as sticky notes and pens. My main pen is also from Paperchase; having a proper pen with a pretty design adds a nice touch I think, and the lid-free design avoids ink spills.



My whole organiser is divided into useful sections, starting with my diary. This year, I have a diary with a week on two pages. It saves a lot of room, although I did like the space of having a day per page. In the next section I have to-do lists, followed by a notepad. I transfer any notes and my current to-do list to my diary so that each week I can see my tasks whenever I check my timetable. The notebook takes up most of the planner space but ensures that I always have some paper on me for shopping lists and lecture note-taking. I also have a world map and address section, which is really useful.




Some dates can be moved around, so I'll write things that aren't set in stone onto a small sticky note. They are also useful for flagging up weeks with important dates by being stuck sticking out slightly. When planning blog posts, I use sticky notes. It is a good way of seeing how evenly spread your posts are.

My organiser is definitely one of the most useful things that I own; I have always preferred it to the planners given to me in school. Definitely much easier to add mementos to than anything electronic or digital, and somehow more satisfying. Now, to take on the new semester's modules...

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 27 January 2015 at 20:20 , Blogger Caroline said...

oooooo... I neeeed one of those zip plastic pouches you have at the front of your FF! Where did you find that little gem? I also need some post it notes like those too.
I like my FF, it's the best thing I've bought. I used to just have a normal diary every year, but I love how personal you can make the FF. :)

Caroline.x
notesfromcaroline.com

 
At 28 January 2015 at 13:34 , Blogger Unknown said...

I got all my filoxfax pieces from Paperchase, but you should also be able to get them in WH Smiths I think. Oh definitely; I use it for so many things!
Eleanor x

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home