<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://greenandaquamarine.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Green+Aquamarine: Looking Back: 2014

Tuesday 30 December 2014

Looking Back: 2014


This last year has been one of my busiest yet, and has gone fast. I suppose it is inevitable, but I am still surprised to find New Year's Eve rolling around today. I don't really have any traditions for New Year's compared to Christmas; I find the passing of another year a little sad! Still, I'm looking forward to starting the new year, and starting new and old routines afresh. Before I start the new year, I thought it would be good to look over the last year before moving on to 2015.





 January, February, March
After finishing an A level research project, I suddenly found myself with a little time on my hands. I had blogged before and wanted to get going again. I started Green + Aquamarine, with the idea of building a new blog based around fitness, wellbeing and sustainability. I passed my driving test with only four faults, and in February travelled to Harrogate for lunch with Mum and a cheeky nosy into Sweat Betty. During March, I tried an online Ballet Bootcamp class, made healthy energy bars and shared a guest post from the Marine Conservation Society.




April, May, June
From Easter, the run up to final exams began. Blogging went quiet for a bit, although I had a go at an Instagram yoga challenge during my study leave. A level exams were completed, and I spent a weekend glamping in Northumberland to celebrate. After that was my Mum's birthday, immediately followed by my Leaver's Ball, which I had been chair of the committee.  It was such a relief that everything ran smoothly, and the event hall was beautiful.



July, August
Over the summer, I started sharing a new post series, Asana of the Week. I then became an affiliated blogger for Om Yoga magazine. It is such a supportive, enthusiastic community to be involved with, and I really look forward to each month's issue, with it's variety of articles and topics. I spent my final weekend with the RSPB's Phoenix Forum, a team of ten teenagers representing the youth of the RSPB. We volunteered at Rutland Water's Bird Fair, which is always a really interesting weekend.



September
Over the summer, I managed to go on a couple of trips with friends, including going down to Swanage in Dorset for a gorgeous week. I experimented with vegan recipes, and then it was time to pack up my bags and start university. Moving all the way to Wales to live by myself for the first time was certainly strange, but I'm now living with some lovely flatmates.





October, November
Come autumn, university started properly and I started to settle into my course and life in Bangor. It is amazing to be focusing on a subject that you are passionate about, and as well as my course, I have had a lot of opportunities to join societies, such as surfing and marine mammal surveying. I joined the university gym, and have been able to work out, attend two yoga classes and have started the rather scary Insanity classes. Between that and eating a largely healthy, vegetarian diet, I feel healthier than ever. In October, I travelled down to London to the Om Yoga Show and then over to Oxford to see Stuart. My parents came over for Dad's birthday, so it was lovely to see them again.



December
The final month of the year saw me travelling back home, after a final two weeks of practicals, lab reports and an exam. It was really special to come back to the house all decorated, to get involved in all the usual traditions once again. It was like I hadn't left, and I'm a little worried that I won't know how to leave again! We had a wonderful Christmas -I'm part of a very small family so there were just four of us, but it always nice and cosy. I have been spending the holidays seeing family and friends between working and revising. It's been a pleasant sort of bubble; I can't quite fathom that my nineteenth and the return to university are just around the corner!

I hope that you've had a happy 2014 and have an either better 2015. Happy New Year!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home