<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://greenandaquamarine.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Green+Aquamarine: Fit Kit: Alo Yoga Review

Sunday 10 May 2015

Fit Kit: Alo Yoga Review


Alo Yoga seems to be the go-to yoga brand at the moment, at least as far as Instagram is concerned! I have been seriously coveting this brand since I first started to notice it, but have been holding back from spending on myself. I caved in last week (treat yo'self!) and got on to Yoga Rebel to order a couple of pieces. I was really torn by all the awesome colours to choose from (see the Neon Azalea leggings that I was tempted by in this post). In the end, I chose the Ice/Stormy Heather Goddess leggings and the Trace bra in a similar colour way. Now, I really want to stock up on more colours and designs!

Alo Yoga Goddess Leggings Trace Bra Review

Firstly, apologies for the photography here. The weather has been awful this last week and the only other place I have to take photographs is my tiny university room. I'll post up some better photos when I can!

Alo Yoga Goddess Leggings Review

Alo Yoga Goddess Leggings Review

I find with most fitness brands I am bang-smack between sizes, and so ordering online always holds a certain risk factor. Based on reviews that suggested that Alo Yoga tends to run small, I hopped up a size. For the Trace bra, this was definitely the right choice as it is a low coverage bra! For the leggings, I think I could have gone with either size -the material is really stretchy so would accommodate a certain variability in size. As it is, I'm really happy with the fit.

Alo Yoga Goddess Leggings Trace Bra Review

Alo Yoga Goddess Leggings Trace Bra Review

The nylon-spandex fabric is thick, but not restricting at all, or see-through.  The leggings also feature a triangle gusset, making lunges and splits comfortable, and a hidden pocket within the waistband. I love the ribbed lower leg part of the tights that the Goddess leggings are famous for. In theory, you choose between a leg warmer scrunch-effect or having the leggings over your heels, but for a shortie like me, I get the scrunch and the over the heels! It's great for keeping feet warm and sliding into splits.
Alo Yoga  Trace Bra Review

The Trace bra is so pretty -I love the detailing on the back. As I said, it is low coverage, so probably best for girls with smaller-proportioned assets. One advantage with my somewhat disappointing shrinking in that department is that I can just get away with a bra like this! However, Alo Yoga do offer lots of higher coverage options, which I would also like to stock up on. The thin straps of the Trace bra don't restrict movement, nor do they dig in when practicing shoulder stands -something I have had trouble with before. Because I went up a size, the straps are a fraction loose, and there isn't an option to adjust this.

Alo Yoga Goddess Leggings Trace Bra Review

My verdict? I love these! I can see why they are such a popular brand, and I would love to get much more of my yoga kit from them, including their beach-friendly pieces. In the UK, you can buy Alo Yoga from Yoga Rebel and Hip and Healthy, or if you are in the US, head straight to Alo Yoga's website.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 15 May 2015 at 11:16 , Blogger Hannah Jones said...

Absolutely love this post! Seriously wish I was that flexible!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home