<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://greenandaquamarine.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Green+Aquamarine: Feed Your Soul: Superfood Hot Chocolate

Friday 27 February 2015

Feed Your Soul: Superfood Hot Chocolate


A few weeks ago, I spotted a recipe by MindBodyGreen for superfood hot chocolate. Since then, I have had it whilst studying, winding down with a film and out on Snowdonian walks. I bought some raw cocoa powder a few weeks ago and until I tried this particular recipe, I could never get my hot chocolates to taste quite right. So, it is safe to say I am converted, and I had to share it here. I'll admit; my portion size is somewhat larger than MindBodyGreen's, but it fills an average cup nicely. This hot chocolate contains a variety of "superfood" spices. I don't personally have macs powder or cayenne pepper in my cupboards, but I have included them nonetheless. Tumeric is a fantastic addition, adding a subtle warming taste and helping to beat colds and other aliments aided by its anti-inflammatory properties.


Ingredients

  • 125ml of each almond milk and water
  • 1 tbsp raw cocoa or cacao powder
  • 1/2 tbsp maple syrup, honey or agave 
  • 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
  • 1/2 tsp tumeric
  • 1/4 tsp each macs powder, cinnamon and nutmeg
  • Pinch of cayenne pepper and sea salt

Heat the almond milk and water on the stove until just under boiling point. Then, simply whisk or blend the ingredients together. Adjust flavours to taste, and enjoy. This isn't a super sweet hot chocolate, which I actually really enjoy as I can savour it, possibly alongside other food, without it all feeling too sickly. However, I have promised myself to one day hop over the Menai Strait and go to Beaumaris and try one of these amazing creations from an Italian cafe I have been recommended. For the kilner mug and gingerbread man if nothing else!

Like, seriously.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 27 February 2015 at 21:10 , Blogger Nimble said...

This sounds really interesting but delicious, I'll have to try it out sometime!

Kathryn
nimblenote.blogspot.com

 
At 2 March 2015 at 09:51 , Blogger Unknown said...

Go for it! I was expecting to have to battle with cocoa lumps in the liquid but it all mixed together smoothly and keeps well in a flask.
xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home