<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://greenandaquamarine.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Green+Aquamarine: Rizopia Rice Pasta

Monday 23 February 2015

Rizopia Rice Pasta


Being a student, simple, healthy and filling foods are a must have. Sometimes isn't isn't always easy to fit all these criteria, especially when the flatmates have pizza orders in and you're craving comfort foods. Pasta is a definite staple for me, as it provides the base for a great meal no matter how full or empty the fridge is. When Rizopia offered to send me some of their pastas to try I was really intrigued. Their pastas are made from organic brown rice and so are suitable for anyone with a gluten intolerance or sensitive digestive system. You cook it just like normal pasta, in under ten minutes. The taste and texture is slightly different to wheat pastas, but not hugely, and is really tasty.

Creamy Avocado Pasta

I've been seeing this recipe on Pinterest and have wanted to try it for ages. It is vegan, but really creamy and full of good fats to keep you feeling full. A few of my flatmates tried it and really liked it, including those less keen on avocados! I'll definitely be making this one again, especially with Rizopia pasta.






Ingredients (serves 4)

  • 2 ripe avocados
  • 1/2 (a large handful) fresh basil
  • 1-2 cloves garlic
  • Juice of 1 lemon
  • 3 tbsp olive oil
  • 350g Rizopia spaghetti or fettuccini pasta
Blend up the avocados, basil, garlic, and lemon juice together until creamy. Slowly add in the oil to form an emulsion. Set aside. Meanwhile, cook the pasta. This should take 8-10 minutes in salted, boiling water. If the avocado sauce is too thick, add a little of the water from the pasta to loosen. Drain the pasta and stir in the sauce. For extra flavour, try adding sweetcorn or sliced cherry tomatoes. Serve, topped with extra basil.

Pesto Pasta with Roasted Vegetables

This is based on the first time my Dad showed me how to use pesto in cooking as a child. Because the vegetables are cut so think they steam as well as roasting, giving them a really nice texture that works well eaten cold or reheated. 






Ingredients (serves 4)
  • 1 large white onion, diced
  • 2 peppers (two colours ideally), sliced into thin strips or diced
  • 1 courgette, cut into strip
  • 2 carrots, cut into thin strips
  • 1 jar of roasted tomato pesto
  • 350g Rizopia fusilli pasta
Preheat the oven to around 170'C and toss all the vegetables into a baking tray along with a drizzle of oil. Roast for 20-30 minutes, checking often. Cook the pasta for 8-10 minutes and then drain. Add around four tablespoons of pesto to the pasta, according to taste. Meat friendly? Try adding some thinly sliced good chorizo to the vegetables. The flavour binds really well with the tomato pesto. Vegan? Look out for parmesan-free pestos.

Have you ever tried any alternative pastas before? I personally don't have any problems digesting wheat, so don't really seek out products like this. However, I really liked the taste an texture and am more than happy to keep having this as an addition to my diet.

I have been sent these items for purpose of reviewing. All thoughts and opinions and my own.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 23 February 2015 at 09:41 , Blogger Bubblybex3 said...

These look sooo good! That pasta is a great idea. I tried that 8 cal stuff from Holland and Barrett but the taste/texture is awful!
Where do you buy this? I'm defo trying these recipes :D

Bex x

Bubblybex3.blogspot.co.uk

 
At 23 February 2015 at 22:46 , Blogger Unknown said...

It really is tasty, especially the day after because it holds it "bite". Online, you can order from Amazon or Ocado, but if you have a look at their website you can also see if you have any local shop suppliers. x

 
At 23 February 2015 at 23:06 , Blogger Jasmin Charlotte said...

Yum! These look soo good! I am an avocado addict, so pasta covered in avocado is ideal :) x

Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

 
At 24 February 2015 at 14:52 , Blogger Charlene said...

These both look so good! I love pasta because it's simple and quick and you don't need many other ingredients to make a full meal.

I know how good avocado is for you but I unfortunately don't like the taste - I'm definitely going to try this recipe to see if I can trick myself into eating it!

x

 
At 26 February 2015 at 22:55 , Blogger Unknown said...

It took me a while to like avocado -the texture didn't really appeal to my younger pallet. The lemon really cuts through the creamy taste. I got into avocados by making zesty guacamole, so this might do the trick for you!
x

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home