<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://greenandaquamarine.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Green+Aquamarine: Post-Workout Green Smoothie

Thursday 9 October 2014

Post-Workout Green Smoothie



Over the last few years, it has been hard to ignore the increasing prevalence and popularity of green foods, particularly juices and smoothies. I have never been one to say no to a good smoothie, and so like many of you out there I was more than happy to get experimenting in my kitchen, or opening up my purse at health cafes.

One thing I haven't associated green smoothies with, however, is protein. Post workout shakes are usually chocolate or fruit flavoured. This is fine, and probably ideal if you are a serious gym-goer or athlete, but for myself, needing only a small hit of extra protein and trying to get more nutrient variety, I wanted to try something else. Being keen to try out my new hand blender (the closest thing I have to a food processor or blender now sadly!) I decided to see what I could come up with.


Ingredients

  • 70ml milk or dairy free milk, plus extra
  • 1/2 an avocado
  • 1 banana
  • 1 tbsp almond butter
  • 100g (two large handfuls) chopped kale
  • 1 tsp wheatgrass powder
  • Optional: vanilla essence, honey, agave or other sweetener, to taste
Simply blend everything up and serve immediately. If the smoothie is too thick, add extra milk


This smoothie has roughly 315 calories, 11.3g protein, 18g sugar (without sweetener, and 12g of this sugar comes from the banana) and 10g of omega three rich fats. To increase the protein content, use soy milk, or add supplement. 

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 9 October 2014 at 18:13 , Blogger Unknown said...

This seems yummy and so healthy! Definitely need to up my green juices game so this will come in handy :D Maya - Archistas

 
At 10 October 2014 at 08:56 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you! The avocado makes the drink all thick and creamy :)
Eleanor x

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home