<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://greenandaquamarine.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Green+Aquamarine: Review: Lush Lullaby Shampoo Bar

Tuesday 3 March 2015

Review: Lush Lullaby Shampoo Bar


Along with health and fitness, one of my main passions that I share on this blog is environmental protection. I want to use products that use ingredients from natural, sustainable sources that are cruelty free. With a particular interest in marine conservation, one of my main issue is plastic -it really is everywhere. I am really trying to keep my plastic waste down and it is so difficult when we rely on it for most products. Luckily for me, Lush has come to the rescue with their shampoo bars. The bars have been around for a while now, accidentally invented before even Lush itself was formed, but recently the brand has been showcasing the bars much more. The compact, solid shampoo is said to last as long as two to three plastic 250ml bottles as essential oils are not diluted by the water in traditional shampoos. Lush sells these totally unpackaged, with the option of buying a tin to keep the bar in.

Lush Lullaby Shampoo Bar

Recently, six new bars have been added to the original eight, suitable for pretty much any hair type. I was recommended Lullaby for my hair, which I later found out was designed with sensitive children's hair in mind. Due to the thinness of individual stands of my blonde hair, it can dry out easily, whereas my roots and fringe become oily between washes. The Lavender Absolute in the bar is supposed to regulate oil without drying. Other ingredients include oats, camomile and jojoba oil, all ideal for keeping my hair soft, healthy and shiny.

Lush Lullaby Shampoo Bar

Lush Lullaby Shampoo Bar

First thoughts:
I was pleased at how the bar gently lathered up. It didn't even look like it had been used so hopefully the shampoo will last as long as promised. I used the shampoo alongside Lush's Veganese, which I have been using for close to a year now. I let my hair dry naturally, but it still felt volumised, soft and looked clean. I woke up the next day with my hair still feeling fresh. Since switching to Lush hair products last year, I have found that my hair often needs washing every three days rather than every other before I have even gone near the dry shampoo. This shampoo bar looks set to do the same. The scent of Lullaby is very subtle, although some of the more citrus based bars such as Montalbano and Brazilliant have a stronger smell if you were looking for a fragranced bar.

Lush Lullaby Shampoo Bar

Overall, I am really pleased with this bar. To me, using naturally-based products just makes sense, and when it is ethically and environmentally-sound, it seems like a no-brainer. If this product continues to work as I have experienced so far, I think I will have been converted to the shampoo bar. If it lasts as long as promised, this is a cost effective and low packaging option that makes it accessible to all. Next on my list to try is Seanik, which uses lemon, seaweed and sea salt to add volume to hair.

Lullaby shampoo bar (55g) sells for Ā£5.75. Have you tried a shampoo bar or low-packaging product?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home